How to Use Secure Server Connections in Plex
Using this guide you’ll be able to create a secure Plex media server connection so that you can have uninterrupted access to the media server.
- The first thing that needs to be done is to set up plex on your seedbox using the one-click installation in the app.
- After installing plex on your seedbox you need t open it from the seedbox apps palette and login into your plex account using a registered email id and password.
3. Please check that if you have the latest version of Plex media server if you do not update your version to the latest one through App dashboard. You can check the plex version : Settings => General => Version
4. To activate secure connections go to “Settings => Network => and set Secure connections as “Preferred”
5. After finishing the setup please refresh your browser and do not access plex with your seedbox IP address like you were doing before (https://xxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxxx:13100/web/index.htm) because connecting like this will not be secure. You can access secure Plex connection with this link: https://app.plex.tv/web/app
Note: If any of your associated servers don’t support secure connections, you’ll connect to http://app.plex.tv/web/app over regular HTTP connection.
6. If you have a secure connection you’ll see a green lock as shown below.