Ombi is a self-hosted web application that automatically gives your shared Plex or Emby users the ability to request content by themselves! Ombi can be linked to multiple TV Show and Movie DVR tools to create a seamless end-to-end experience for your users.
- First lets install Ombi from our client area by clicking install.
2. Once its installed, scroll up and click the eye button to launch the app.
3. Once it is successfully launched, you will see this screen.
4. Now select your media server. For this guide we are using PLEX.
5. Enter your PLEX username and password. Or request token, or continue with plex.
6. I selected to continue with plex and if you do as well, you will see this screen.
7. You will be notified with this screen after the log in is successful.
8. Now that we are logged in with our plex account, you will see this screen.
We need to add users so they can request content. At the top left, you will see "User management". Click that
9. You will be greeted by this screen. Click add user to Ombi.
10. Now fill in the requested information. Note: You must assign a role for the account to be created. Select the role you best deem fit for that specific user.
11. After the user has been successfully managed, you will see this screen.
12. To make a request, search or locate a TV show or Movie and click "Request"
13. It will then say "Requested" if it has been successful.
14. The admin will see it in their request que, where you have some options. You access this by selecting "Request".
15. Once you mark it as filled, you will see the request status changed to "Available".